Codes for Creating TAXSIM Datasets
We would like to collect high quality code to create Internet TAXSIM format files from commonly used survey datasets.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey - Stata program by Lorenz Kueng for ICPSR CES.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey - Docs from Scott Curtin of BLS
- March Current Population Survey
- SCF - Survey of Consumer Finance - with taxsim variables per Kevin Moore.
- PSID Stata programs from Margaret McKeehan.
- PSID Stata programs for 2003-2007 from Eric Zwick.
- PSID Stata programs for 1999-2011 from Kim, Kimberlin and Shaefer
- PSID - Advice from Butrica & Burkhauser
- SIPP Suggestions by Dominic Coey.
- SOI Public Use file
If you would like to contribute code to this library, please contact me. We are particularly interested in PSID, NLSY, CPS, NMES, etc. Code may be SAS, Stata, Fortran, C, or other. We like it best when only TAXSIM relevant variables are included.
- None yet, but note that taxsim9 programs require very little modification.
feenberg at nber dot org