Codes for Creating TAXSIM Datasets
We would like to collect high quality code to create Internet TAXSIM format files from commonly used survey datasets.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey - Stata program by Lorenz Kueng for ICPSR CES.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey - Docs from Scott Curtin of BLS
- March Current Population Survey
- SCF - Survey of Consumer Finance with taxsim variables per Kevin Moore.
- SCF - Survey of Consumer Finance William Gale, et al.
- PSID Stata programs from Margaret McKeehan.
- PSID Stata programs for 2003-2007 from Eric Zwick.
- PSID Stata programs for 1999-2011 from Kim, Kimberlin and Shaefer
- PSID Butrica & Burkhauser (1997)
- PSIDKimberlin,Kim and Shaefer (2015)
- SIPP Suggestions by Dominic Coey.
- SOI Public Use file
taxsim27-32Note that taxsim27 data can be used with taxsim32, but doesn't supply data for the business tax deduction of the TCJA.
- SCF - Survey of Conusmer Finance from Sabelhaus and Joshi. Stata programs and data.
If you would like to contribute code to this library, please contact me. We are particularly interested in PSID, NLSY, CPS, NMES, etc. Code may be SAS, Stata, Fortran, C, or other. We like it best when only TAXSIM relevant variables are included.
feenberg at nber dot org